by Sarah Jane Smith [Reviews - 0]Chapter or Story
1. Chapter 1 [Reviews - 0] (1920 words)
This focuses around the Brigadier's choice to blow up the Silurian base even after the Doctor had reached an agreement with them. There is one reference to this in Ambassadors of Death but I have long thought that this needed more attention. You don't really need to know any more about that episode, but there are some minor spoilers scattered throughout.
There are also spoilers for Troughton's The Invasion, particularly in the character of Captain Jimmy Turner who the Brigadier knew well enough to call by a nickname, but who never appeared in another story.
Historian's Note: I am aware the Brigadier has a wife called Doris, but, due to a timelining/continuity issue she doesn't work for me as Kate's mum, so I tend to treat her as Kate's step mother and give the Brigadier a first wife, who I have named Fiona in this story.
Chapter Summary: Setting the scene
2. Chapter 2 [Reviews - 0] (1712 words)
Summary: UNIT's inspection isn't going so well.
3. Chapter 3 [Reviews - 0] (945 words)
Summary: Liz, the Doctor and baby Katie
4. Chapter 4 [Reviews - 0] (587 words)
Summary: It really isn't the Brig's day...He seriously hates politics.
5. Chapter 5 [Reviews - 0] (722 words)
Summary: The Doctor is a show off.
6. Chapter 6 [Reviews - 0] (431 words)
Summary: UNIT's officers look after their Brigadier.
7. Chapter 7 [Reviews - 0] (746 words)
ummary: A final bit of reflection from the Doctor on the rift between himself and Alistair before it all goes wrong. Also, a clue you'll need later.
8. Chapter 8 [Reviews - 0] (2003 words)
Summary: As if the inspection wasn't bad enough...
9. Chapter 9 [Reviews - 0] (613 words)
Summary: The Doctor is summoned to prepare for the incursion.
10. Chapter 10 [Reviews - 0] (1740 words)
Summary: They begin to make plans for the inevitable.
11. Chapter 11 [Reviews - 0] (1788 words)
Summary: Back to Liz. The very first of our heroes to be placed on the front line.
12. Chapter 12 [Reviews - 0] (707 words)
Summary: Just a short one, but we do get to discover the Cybermen's plan.
13. Chapter 13 [Reviews - 0] (1521 words)
A nice long chapter, guys. Happy new Year!
Summary: Liz and Katie are cornered
14. Chapter 14 [Reviews - 0] (2408 words)
Summary: The Doctor makes a bargain, he and the Brigadier resolve their differences and the Cybermen get the upper hand.
15. Chapter 15 [Reviews - 0] (1691 words)
Summary: The Doctor, now on the Cybership, begins to put his plan into action and discovers the threat is far greater than he thought.
16. Chapter 16 [Reviews - 0] (3704 words)
Summary: The Brigadier prepares his defences and some more survivors appear
17. Chapter 17 [Reviews - 0] (1708 words)
Summary: The Doctor has a plan...but can he forgive himself for it?
18. Chapter 18 [Reviews - 0] (1394 words)
Summary:Even in a respite, the problems on Earth keep worsening.
19. Chapter 19 [Reviews - 0] (2823 words)
This one didn't split naturally, so you lucky ducks get a nice long chapter.
Summary:The Doctor finally puts his plan aboard the Cybership into motion.
20. Chapter 20 [Reviews - 0] (2881 words)
Character death in this one, guys. I'm so sorry.
Summary: The final battle of the invasion...or is it?