Why Her? by LN29 [Reviews - 7] Chapter or Story |
1. Chapter 1: Spaceships Arrive by LN29 [Reviews - 3] (1009 words)
2. Chapter 2: 'I'm the Doctor' by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1556 words)
The Doctor and Marissa meet for the very first time! I'm going back and editing my old stories, and wow, I've come a long way in these past months. It's weird to see where it all began.
3. Chapter 3: 'Go Home' by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1372 words)
There are only so many ways to have the "I'm an alien" conversation, so i decided this would be how a typical teenager would respond. "Prove it."
4. Chapter 4: Going Into Hiding by LN29 [Reviews - 1] (1066 words)
5. Chapter 5: Revelations by LN29 [Reviews - 1] (1235 words)
Why did I decide he was 910? Well, currently Matt Smith's Doctor is 907, and i've heard a rumor (maybe not true, in fact, likely not, but i'm going with it) that he's going to stick around till the 50th anniversary of the show, in 2013. Thus, he'd be 910 when he regenerated. Q.E.D.
Update: Well...series six of DW seems to make it less likely he'll regenerate at 910. But I'm of the opinion that the Doctor rounds down his age as it pleases him, so for the sake of continuity in my stories, I'm going to assume he's doing that here.
Update for the update: Well, thanks to season 6B, we know that the Doctor definately doesn't regenerate at 910. In fact, now he's 1103. Sooo...do I feel like going back and changing all the references? Nope, especially cuz this series is only going to get less canon-compliant as time goes by. So I'm just sticking to my "the Doctor rounds down when he feels like it" theory.
6. Chapter 6: A Garvelian Message by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1847 words)
Marissa's day goes from bad to worse. I hated to do this, I really did. As our Doctor so often says, I'm sorry.
7. Chapter 7: Alone in the Universe by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1356 words)
The fact that Marissa is underage makes it a bit trickier for the Doctor to just take her...so I did the only thing I could think of. It's unconventional, but unconventional is what the Doc does best, isn't it?
8. Chapter 8: Bigger on the Inside by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1528 words)
Aw...curses, I just realized something. In all of these stories, for some weird reason, I've been describing 9 and 10's TARDIS console room instead of 11's. Or at least, I make references to the captain's seat and the grating and the columns...greaaaaat.
Oh well, can't be helped now, and I do NOT feel like going back and editing every single TARDIS reference, so I've decided that what happened was that the TARDIS and Doctor got a bit nostalgic, and when 11 regenerated into 12, the TARDIS changed her appearance too. It doesn't look exactly like 9 and 10's TARDIS, but it uses a lot of the elements from it. So it's like an upgrade of 9 and 10's TARDIS, with some of 11's thrown in, plus a few new touches.
That'll teach me to just describe stuff without thinking...
9. Chapter 9: 'No Matter What.' by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1720 words)
Confession: I couldn't help but poke a little fun at the eleventh Doctor's fashion sense. I figured having just regenerated, the memories of the bow tie would still be fresh.
10. Chapter 10: Confronting the Enemy by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1497 words)
At last, the Doctor's going to get some answers in these next two chapters. But he's not going to like them.
11. Chapter 11: Answers at Last by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1390 words)
12. Chapter 12: Marissa's Choice by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1318 words)
13. Chapter 13: Sacrifice by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1627 words)
Lots of switching perspective here.
14. Chapter 14: Under the Stars by LN29 [Reviews - 0] (1599 words)
15. Epilogue by LN29 [Reviews - 2] (768 words)
Wow! I can't believe this is already done! It's been a whirlwind few days, and thank you so much for sticking with me, Marissa, and the Doctor. I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to comment, although by no means are you obliged to. Hope you have a great day!!!
By the way, present day in this story is 2013.